For your printer to work in sync with your computer, it is must that you have the Dell printer drivers for windows installed on your computer.
Without the Drivers, your printer may not be able to communicate effectively with the system, which will result in it not able to execute the Print command properly.
If you search online how to install dell printer drivers, you will find several posts, some will correctly describe the process, some may involve unnecessary steps, and some even compel you to download potentially harmful attachments which might get your computer hacked or rendered useless.
In this guide, we have compiled the exact steps that you will need to install the drivers for your Dell Printer.
Uninstall previously installed printer drivers
It is recommended that before installing the latest Dell printer drivers for windows, uninstall the old drivers from your computer, to avoid any compatibility issue.
- Connect your printer to the power supply and switch it on.
- Check that your printer is connected to your computer.
- Go to the print queue, cancel any pending print job.
- Now open the run box by pressing the windows and R key at the same time.
- Type appwiz.cpl and press the enter key.
- Printer listing will open up, choose the printer and click uninstall.
- Now restart your computer.
- Again open the run dialogue box by pressing the windows and R key.
- Type control panel and hit enter.
- From the control panel, open view devices and printers.
- Right-click on your printer name and select remove device.
- Now click on the printer server properties and press the Drivers tab.
- In the Drivers tab, choose your printer and select remove.
- Now restart your computer to remove the printer’s drivers completely.
Download the latest Dell printer drivers for windows from the Dell website
- Open a web browser and enter https://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/?app=drivers to go to the Dell Printer drivers download page.
- In the search box, you have to enter the service tag or the model name of your printer.
- Select the operating system you are using on your system and then click on Drivers for OS deployment option.
- This will give you all the latest available drivers for your printer’s model.
- Click on the download button.
- When the downloading is finished, double click the .exe file to start the installation process.
- When the installation completes, click on the finish button.
- Now you have the latest Dell Printer drivers on your computer.
Update the already installed Dell Printer Drivers
- Press Windows and R key at the same time to open the run box.
- Here enter devmgmt.msc
- Device manager window will open up.
- From the list, find your printer’s name and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu that opens, choose update driver software.
- A window will appear, giving you the option on how to update the driver.
- Choose ‘search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will search the latest Drivers online and update them.
Install Dell Printer drivers on Mac
Latest Mac OS already comes with the latest Dell Printer drivers pre-installed on them; you only have to configure the printer to start printing.
For older versions Mac you can follow the below-mentioned steps;
- As described above, open http://comfix1st.com/dell-printer-offline-setup-installation-service/ on your browser.
- Enter your product service tag.
- Just ensure that while choosing the operating system, select the MAC operating system that is installed on your computer.
- Then from the list of drivers download the drivers that are available for your version of Mac OS.
Configure network printer using the IP address and hostname
- Press the apple icon and choose system preferences.
- Then select the Print and Fax option.
- In the left side of the screen, there will be a plus sign (+), click on it.
- This will open add Printer application.
- Select the IP tab from the top of the application toolbar.
- Now you have to set some parameters.
- For Protocol: set it to Line Printer Daemon.
For address: set it to the printer’s IP address or hostname.
- For queue: leave it blank to set it to default queue.
- For Name: By default, it’s the IP address, you can set any name.
- For location: it’s optional so you can leave it blank.
- For print using option: press the down arrow key, and the list of installed drivers will appear, choose the appropriate drivers.
- Now press the add button.
Configure a USB printer
- Connect the USB cable to your printer and the computer.
- Now click on the apple icon and select system and preferences.
- Now go to Print & Fax.
- Below the printer’s pane on the left side of the screen, click the Plus (+) sign.
- Add Printer application will open.
- From the top of the screen, select the default tab.
- You will see the list of printers, choose your printer and click the add button.
You are done now with the printer connected and drivers’ configured on your Mac computer.