QuickBooks account software comes in multiple variants, online, desktop, and mobile. Their functionalities remain the same though, to automate accounting and to streamline the whole process. With QBO online login you gain access to your Intuit online account dashboard. You can manage your company’s books and other financial operations from your QBO Intuit web portal.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Online Login Error
It’s quite frustrating when you could not enter your QBO account dashboard. Intuit online login errors could put your whole business accounting process to a halt. Here are some of the most common cause behind QuickBooks Online login errors:
- Multiple users are trying to access the QBO account at the same time.
- A proper logout wasn’t initiated during the previous session.
- Intuit’s website is down. Server errors or network issues could be the cause.
- The firewall installed on the user’s computer may be blocking the QBO web page.
- Browser caches and cookies might prevent the login.
- SSL settings of the web browsers are not configured correctly and might be interfering with the login process.
Now you know the issues that might be behind the QBO Login error. With this knowledge, you can take the precise steps to fix the Errors.
How to Login to QBO Intuit account
- QuickBooks online login is very easy. Here are the steps;
- Visit QuickBook’s official page and click the sign-in link.
- Select sign in with Google if you have registered an Intuit account with a Gmail ID.
- The second option for QBO login is through user ID and password.
- Input the details in the box and click sign in.
You can also check to mark the remember my user ID box.
Things to remember for successful Intuit QBO sign-in
QBO is a web-based service so it won’t work without network access. Check the internet connection before attempting to sign-in.
Multiple users can’t access the same account simultaneously. One has to sign out for the other to access the dashboard.
QuickBooks best work on Chrome browser. If you don’t have a chrome browser first install it on your PC, then login to your account.
Basic Solution to Fix QuickBooks Online Login Issue
Qbo online Login Issues may arise due to several reasons. Here are some basic solutions to fix QBO Login issues:
- Incorrect user ID or password. This is due to the user’s mistake. Login details need to be the same, that you provided while creating the Intuit QBO account. Check the entered login info, look for any mistakes, then try sign in again.
- If another user is logged in to the QBO account, say from a different computer, you cannot sign-in. The other user has to sign-out for you to access the account.
- You are trying to login with a browser other than chrome. You should understand that QuickBooks works best with chrome. Use any other browser and several issues crop up, including login issues. So use chrome if possible.
- A stockpile of temporary browser files can also intervene in the login process and may cause it to fail. If you are facing recurrent login issues get rid of browsing history, caches, and cookies. After cleaning your browser login again.
These troubleshooting steps in most cases will clear off the QBO Login issues.
Advance Solutions to Fix QBO Login Issues
If basic troubleshooting did not help you with the QBO sign-in, you can try some advance fixes. Here are a few advance solutions to fix QBO online Login Issues
Try a separate Chrome user to login and use Qbook online
- Launch the Chrome browser. Click the menu button. It will be at the upper right corner of the window represented with three vertical dots.
- Go to settings then select user option.
- Select username, then click the create button. You can skip the creat desktop shortcut option.
- Now at the top right of the screen, you will see two user icons. Click to switch between users.
- Open chrome in the incognito mode then switches to the new chrome user. Now try QBO Intuit login.
Configure SSL settings on the browser to be compatible with QuickBooks Online
- For internet explorer, type inetcpl.cpl in the run dialogue box, press enter.
- The Internet Properties window will open up.
- Go to the advance tab and enable both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 settings, then click the OK button to apply the changes.
- For Firefox type config in the url field and press the enter button.
- Now enter TLS in the search bar and click the search button.
- Click on the tls.version.min link.
- Now type the correct integer value for TLS/SSL version then enable the setting.
Flush your DNS through the command prompt
- Close any open window. Now search the cmd option in the start menu.
- Right-click the link then choose open as administrator from the drop-down menu.
- In the cmd window input Ipconfig /flushdns and press the enter button.
- Next type ipconfig /registerdns and again hit the enter button.
- Wait for the commands to be executed, then close the window and try login to the Intuit account.
Lower down browser’s privacy settings
- If you log in with internet explorer, open the browser properties window.
- Just type inetcpl.cpl in the run dialogue box and hit enter.
- Now open the advance tab window and move to security options.
- If the Do Not save encrypted page option is checked, click on it to uncheck.
- Save the changes then restart the browser. Now try to access Intuit online account dashboard.